Thursday, 26 November 2009

Catching up - Part III: Quilting

I have been in a technological black hole for all week now. I cannot access my e-mails, and whenever I get a connection they appear in a crazy lay out (Alice would probably say “m..ed up”).

Anyway, I’ve been sewing and producing 2 cushion-covers. Do I dare saying that I have “designed” these. Maybe not, I am pretty sure that anybody would have or have already came with a similar idea. Still, I enjoyed the result and will be posting a tutorial once I am out of this technological black hole (Adobe and Word are playing up too).

The Batik quilt has now been sandwich. It looks great, just the size of our bed. Only think left to do is quilting: I said I will machine quilt it, but delaying the start of the process - I still feel uncomfortable with machine quilting.
And finally, the Xmas quilt inspired from this BOM is nearly finished. I machine-quilted it, it looks OK from the front, but the the back is not too good. I should have used a neutral colour instead of the red thread. And I should probably have planned it better: Initially the embroideries were the square in the center of another square, every thing surrounded by a star. The stars ended up being huge and the embroideries lost - such a shame considering the time spent on them. So I cut, re-cut and finally went for smaller stars, but every single piece of fabric is in the bias! Now I am adding a bit a hand-quilting around the embroidery.

1 comment: