Saturday, 26 June 2010

I am not a finisher

I think I have known this for a while now, even if I was very disappointed when I was told the truth after a psychology test some years ago.

I always pride myself for being very precise, an eye for details, but let’s face it, I love to start something new, I have less momentum to finish a once-loved project.

Yesterday’s achievements were:

  1. The blue lace bolero. If I check my projects’ tab on Ravelry, I see that this one has been started at the beginning of February. It should have been a very fast project: no sleeves, one and only one piece. But it has been waiting for me to do the 2 seams that were required! Only 2 seams. What’s wrong with me?

    Anyway, it is now done, and it looks very good… on Alice anyway!
    067 068bis
  2. This project was finished much, much quicker. The question is why in a country where the lowest temperature is 25 degrees C, would you need 100% wool shawl? My answers are:

    First - I love the colour,
    Second - it is not that often that I found some yarn I love at Spotlight,
    Third - when I started it, J. had just arrived in France and was enjoying chilly nights with 3 blankets. I was so envious and counting the days until we join her (since the weather is back to summer!).

    The strategy to get to a Finished Object fast, has been to hide all the loose ends as I started a new ball. Still have to block it properly though. The pattern is from Marie-Claire Idées (January 2010 issue), by La Droguerie (and it is on Ravelry too).

    072bis 070

Am I allowing myself to start a new knitting project now? I have this beautiful yarn from Sublime, I am tempted to design a baby jumper… Do you think it is calling for disaster… but it could also be so rewarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment