Tuesday, 20 July 2010

French holiday

Here we are, on holiday in France. And guess what - it is hot, almost as hot as Singapore, minus the air con. Thankfully, evenings are much more cooler. Anyway, this blog is not dedicated to my holiday but to crafting, cooking and other non craft related things i.e. my kids.

On the crafting side, just a sneak peak of my WIP: les Barbabapa.



You probably know the Barbapapa, those shapeless or multishape cartoon characters. I remember watching the serie on TV on Wednesdays when I was a kid, I loved the tune. Following the success of my Elephant cushions, I've decided to 'create' a Barbapapa pillowte.

On the cooking side, I want to try again the bread, and check whether my unsuccesses are due to the S'pore weather or my own failure.

And please let me bore you with my holiday. A couple of days ago we went to the Conservatoire National du Costume de Scène (the CNCS). The current exhibition is called Vestiaire de Divas and presents costumes that once belonged to Maria Callas, Sarah Bernhardt, Edith Piaf, Dalida... Really, really nice. I wish we could have seen more.



And here a bit a crafting, the Museum is knitting a huge jumper for a giant, we did our bit with size 30 needles.



Sorry, my pictures are not at their best!


No comments:

Post a Comment