Saturday, 25 September 2010

Code name: Project B I G L O V E

k      B     k     B      k     B      k     B      k     B      k      B     k      B     k     B      k      B     k

Alice,
my first one,
the one that was curling up in my belly when I was stressed out,
the one that made a mother of me,
the one that make me cry whenever she cries,
the one that impresses me by her beauty,
the one that works and works until she succeeds,
the one that is now taller than me
this one

032

told me that I never made anything for her.  Is that really possible? No, not exactly;
I sewed her christening dress, but she was a baby, how could she remember?
I knitted her a grey jumper, and I remember her wearing it for school over and over again.
I saw several other dresses, one she wore for her little sister’s christening paired with the little coat I did too.
I made her a quilt, but she found it too baby-ish (guess she was right).
I made her a second quilt, but it is not finished yet.

So when she said she wanted a knitted jumper.  I could not refuse, could I?

I bought some very nice wool and cotton yarn from Rowan, chose a pattern (Frenchy-stripy mariniere).

IMGP8872 IMGP8923 IMGP8924

And then Alice found this wonderful top.

IMGP8929

I know it is a lot of cables, cross-over and other tricky stitches, but I sure the result will look just beautiful on her.
Big pressure on me.

IMGP8930

k      B     k     B      k     B      k     B      k     B      k      B     k      B     k     B      k      B     k

No comments:

Post a Comment