Friday, 22 October 2010

1, 2, 3 and 4 (almost) done

Yes, I’ve done 4 Candle mats so far.  The pattern is easy, fast and I find that doing 2 at a time allows me to use a wider variety of fabrics while minimising my ‘leftovers’.   I need to add embellishment, choose the backing (one piece, or pieced?), then quilt them (machine or hand?).

Here are the lovelies:

IMGP9157IMGP9153 

IMGP9158 IMGP9160 

IMGP9161 IMGP9159

If you want to see more Candle mats from the swat, go and visit the flickr group.

3 comments:

  1. these look fabulous! Can't wait to see them all quilted and bound, they are sure to be gorgeous:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your flickr widget! I stole that idea, hope you don't mind. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Caroline,
    I'm not sure how I ended up on your blog but I love this candle mat and wonder if you can tell me if this is a purchased pattern?
    I especially love the one with the bird stitchery.

    ReplyDelete