Tuesday, 14 December 2010

Inspired

I’ve already done a post like this before. But do not worry this is not old age getting to me, it is just that Sarah from Clover lane really inspires me (you can now go straight to her blog using the button on the side).

I have and will most certainly never meet Sarah, but very often, I feel that I would really enjoy being her friend (How many friendship offers have you received, Sarah?). And yesterday, this feeling was quite strong.

Indeed, yesterday I decided to prepare our bags for the holidays. Just to put things straight, we live in Singapore, will spend Christmas with my family in France (13 hour-flight; a big Thank You to NSAH2, who booked the tickets when he realised that I had not the guts to tell my parents we might not come!), then we will fly all the way across the world to Melbourne (13 + 8 hours) to Lady Gaia’s christening (the thing is that A. is the godmother, Lady Gaia’s mum being A.’s godmother and my goddaughter – it runs in the family and this is a very big event for all of us). We will go from Summer to Winter and back to Summer, add the Christmas and christening presents and you get a packing nightmare.

My strategy was to start with the ‘Winter packing’. I dug into the storage boxes trying to locate hats, gloves, scarves, jumpers… realising at the same time that most of the children’s clothes were too small. Followed a big sorting of the winter clothes, I then had to reorganise the storage boxes which lead to more sorting, more organising. 5 hours later, my bedroom looked a mess,but in another couple of hours later my bedroom was neat, my closets organised with a smell of orange blossom (nothing fancy here, just some rice in a jar and 20-ish drops of essential oil; shake it with the lid on! Reopen and enjoy).

Just before going to bed, I read Sarah’s post, we were so in synch! Or are we all in synch at the moment. Do we all go through our closets, sorting, cleaning, organising? Is this syndrome related to the fact that Christmas is approaching fast, very fast?

On this note, I registered to the Fly Lady newsletter: more tips, more routines… I can see New Year’s resolutions coming. Here is one of mine : de-clutter room by room. Again I am inspired by Sarah and her 40 bags challenge from last year.

Oh, you want some pictures! I am not going to humiliate myself showing you my messy bedroom. But here is a picture of what I have been doing.

First they look like this

IMGP9816

Then, there’s an army of them:

IMGP9836

IMGP9837

IMGP9846

No comments:

Post a Comment