Tuesday, 15 February 2011

Books, books, books

Apart from knitting, sewing, stitching, running, pilating, taxi-driving the kids, cooking, I like to read (have I already said this before?).  Here is my To-Read-List:
  • IMGP0128Le Projet Lazarus – Aleksandar Hemon: my current reading, finding it difficult to keep my interest on.  The New York Magazine said “the best book of the year”.  Humm!..
  • The Glass Castle – Jeannette Walls; I think my good friend in England recommended this one.
  • Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother – Amy Chua; THE book to read at the moment; when I first tried to get it a couple of week ago, it was sold out. Amy Chua received a large coverage of her book: “It was supposed to be a story of how Chinese parents are better as raising kids than Western ones” says the back cover!
  • The Help – Katryn Stockett; no idea how I came across this one, it has something to do with the location: Mississippi, the era: 1962, the characters: 3 women.
  • La carte et le territoire – Michel Houellebecq; this is a Christmas gift, got the Prix Goncourt.
  • The Lacuna – Barbara Kingsolver; Orange Prize 2010, must be good.
The list would not be complete without crafting books:
A Stitch in time         
A Stitch In Time is a knitting book of Vintage patterns from 1920 to 1949.
101PENTX
The second one is Simple Graces,lots of scrappy quilts <3
IMGP0132
At least, no creepy picture of skinless body and skull on this post!

1 comment:

  1. Excuse moi de te répondre ici, mais il semble que j'ai perdu ton adresse email... Si tu as envie de faire un échange de blocs avec moi, je suis tout à fait d'accord : tu me dis ce que tu veux et ton adresse d'envoi, c'est simple :)

    ReplyDelete