Thursday, 10 February 2011

Knitted

Should I start all my post by ‘Yes, I finished it!’? It seems that I am quite good at starting new projects, but have more difficulties finishing them.

During Christmas holiday, I start knitting a little, fast kimono for MP’s Bb #2. Her little baby boy will be borned in April/May, the beginning of winter, in Australia. He will need something to keep warm, but easy to put in, with 2 little ones, MP won’t have time to fiddle with not-always-easy-to-fit-through-the-neck tops.

The pattern is from Joji Locatelli and can be found on Ravelry. I had to adapt so it worked with my yarn; I am not the best when it comes to check the gauge. So off course I had a false start, frogged it and started again. I modify the neckband, using a grey bias rather than knitting it. And for good measure, I knitted a little hat to go with it (no pattern here, just knitted and improvised).

IMGP0114

IMGP0113

IMGP0111

IMGP0110

IMGP0109

After such a successful finish, my fingers were ready to start a new something… but I’ve decided against it, this year must be a year of FINISHES, so I dug out my ‘Orange Ripple’ which was started almost 2 years ago. I am working on it right now, determined not to start another knitting project until this one is done. The colour gives me energy and the yarn dry still nice to knit.

IMGP0115

IMGP0116b

No comments:

Post a Comment