Wednesday, 2 March 2011

UFO Challenge – I failed February…

Or to be precise, I did not even try. This month I was supposed to finish UFO #10, but when I looked at it, I decided that UFO #10 could not be considered as an unfinished object, but rather a HSO – hardly started object.

Only one block done, for a 12-block project. No pattern, just a vague memory of a pretty quilt, I can’t even remember where I saw it!

I have not even cut all the necessary fabric. So February UFO will stay as it is, back in its box.

Feb UFO

Now it is time to move to March UFO. This is going to be a very difficult one: this is A’s quilt. It has been in ‘progress’ for more than 4 years. I drew many versions, collected vibrant colours, worked on it while A was not around. A. has this effect on me, I want to make things for her, but I always feel shy.

The top is almost done, I have to figure out how to finish the border on which I want to add some appliqué. Then, I will probably send it to a professional quilter if I want to see it finished before she turns 16.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Caroline - do you have an email address? I would love to have a chat about Singapore - we are travelling there soon for a few days. My email is hoops1@bigpond.net.au

    ReplyDelete