Tuesday, 8 March 2011

Unconditional love

Be prepared, no pictures, no craft for this post.

A couple of days ago, a friend, who does not have kids, asked me:

“How to you share your love with 3 kids?”

“I do not share my love” I replied.

“But, how do you find the time?'”

And then I tried to explain to her that I can share my time, I can find ways to have more.  And may I say that I am lucky, living in Singapore, I have lots of help at home, I do not have to do the laundry, I do not have to clean the house, I could even free myself from grocery shopping or cooking; I have somebody at home doing most of ‘my’ chores.

But when it comes to love, the only thing I can say is that YOU DO NOT SHARE.  How do you explain to somebody that has not experienced it yet, that whatever you do, whatever your children put you through, there is a never-dried out source of love of them, for each of them.  It is not a question of finding the time, it is not a question of sharing.  From my first kid to my third one, my heart has swollen (could it be the reason why I am over-weight?)

If I think even further, if I think that my kids will (I hope) have babies, my throat starts tightening with emotion.  How come that these little persons, who I might not meet for some years, already have this effect on me?  I might be lucky to meet my great-grand kids (my Grand Parents are 90 this year), and I already want to embrace them, to tell them how much I love them.

From now on, you must know that I have tears in my eyes, because I start thinking about my great-great grand kids, I will not be there for them, to protect them, and what about their own children, and the children of their children… Oh Gosh! so many of them I will not meet, I will not have time to show them my love…

So, NO, you cannot share your love for your children, you cannot know where it will take you, and until you experience it, you have no idea how your love for your kids will take over everything else.

This being said, next post I will show you some crafting progress, so please come back.

1 comment:

  1. Arrête de trop penser :-)))))
    mais continue d'agrandir ton coeur.

    ReplyDelete