Here are a few things I've been cooking/baking recently.
Clafoutis aux framboises (raspberry clafoutis). The recipe is from the latest Marie Claire idées with step by step photography instructions.
Before and after pictures – no more comment needed
Then yesterday for NSAH2’s b’day, I did prepare a special salad and a Red Velvet cake.
The salad first: we’ve been lunching/dining out all week-end, so no more dining out for us. This is my recipe (yes, mine!) inspired from a salad I had at PS Cafe some time ago.
- green beans, sugar snaps just blanched and then plunged in cold water to stop the cooking process and keep them bright green;
- half a mango, a bit under ripe, cut into very thin strips (I used a knife peeler);
- dow miow (what is that? and where are you going to find it?)
- 2 chicken breasts cut in large filets;
- a tin of coconut milk;
- a cube of chicken stock;
- some seeds: sunflower and pumpkin;
- a lime juice;
- 2 tablespoon of fish sauce;
- 1 teaspoon of brown sugar;
- some coriander; chilli (seeds removed); a piece of ginger; a chunk of lemon grass
- In a thick pan, grill the chicken until it is just golden. Pour the coconut milk over, add the stock cube diluted in a bit of hot water with the lemon grass, the ginger and chilli. Bring to a boil, then let simmer on low temperature for a long, long time – until the chicken is very very tender and the sauce has thickened (I am not using the sauce, but keep it – it is just so good!).
- in a small bowl mix the lime juice with the fish sauce and the sugar; reserve.
- in a serving bowl, mix all the greens, the mango, the chicken (shredded), the coriander, the seeds and the sauce.
Fast, easy and healthy!Pioneer Woman’s blog, in Donna Hay… So yesterday night was the night!
And No, NSAH2 is not 421, it is just that it was J.’s b’day a couple of days before so I put 2 sets of candles for them to blow.