Wednesday, 23 November 2011

A very (very!) late birthday

How bad is that?  Alice turned 16 more than 2 weeks ago and I have not post any pictures of the B’day girl?  Even worst, no B’day cake, no party?  Not that I did not offer to organise a ‘big’ party for her, but she did not want it.  And as far as the B’day cake is concerned and to set the record straight, she had some cake on her B’day, and she also had a ‘small’ party, brunch with her family and her best friend… :-)

On the same day, I put her in a plan for London to sit two days of entrance exams for a boarding school.  Seeing her going through security, I realised that she was starting her own life; in a few months, she will probably leave Singapore and go to study in the UK, she will make her own decisions away from us, she will start to plan for her future, her mind buzzing with projects.  I just hope that I, or more objectively, we have done a as-good-as-possible job.  I hope she will have the confidence and the reason to make the decisions that suit her, that she will be a caring person but not to the point that she loose herself, that she will be proud of her accomplishments and still respect other (and that she will remember what we did for her when comes the time of looking for a nursing home for her old parents… :-)  My girl is not a baby anymore.

102HPAIO

I’ve just scanned some of her baby pictures, could probably cry doing it.  How can I make her understand how much love I have for her…

102HPAIO2

102HPAIO1

IMGP0818bis

2 comments:

  1. qu'elle est belle. Je crois qu'elle réalisera l'entièreté de ton amour quand elle même aura des enfants. Avant çà, on ne peut appréhender complètement ce qu'est l'amour maternel, il me semble. Dit celle qui réalise soudain qu'un jour je posterai ce genre de post...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see these old pictures again!

    ReplyDelete