Sunday, 29 January 2012

Adventure in knitting

Not blogging does not mean not crafting.  Not a lot of sewing, but I kept busy knitting, it is easier to carry around while travelling.

I’ve seen this vest at …Jusqu’à Jupiter, and loved it. Just before Christmas, I finished it.  It was my Christmas present for Juliette. I was not sure whether she would like it or not.  I used some Jet yarn from Patons.  I worried it would be itchy, and that she would not want to wear it.  I was Oh! so wrong.  She wore it everyday while we were in France, as if she had nothing else to keep her warm.

Cable cardi for Juliette

 

Still on the knitting front,  I’ve been lucky enough to participate to a Test Knit for Susan from Ashcroft-Hempsall DesignsLeaves on the line is a lovely pattern that has changed my way of thinking.  No rows counting, almost no stitches counting either.  Susan’s shawl has two sections: the first section used 40% of the yarn, the second one 60%.  This makes the design extremely flexible, one can make the shawl as big as wishes without having to recount the stitches. In this case, Susan asked the testers to use 100g of fingering yarn.  I got it wrong and used DK.  Still, I love the result.  The yarn, Shilasdair Luxury DK,  is from Tangled Yarn.  I ordered it on line and I can only recommend this company: the service was very courteous and fast.  As for the pattern, you can buy it from Susan (look for the last page, there’s one of my pictures!)

Leaves line shawl

More knitting progress very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment