Thursday, 9 February 2012

Obsessed

Since coming back from Japan, I’ve been ‘obsessed’ by Japanese food, so simple, so fresh.

scrapbooking paper8

This was our dinner a couple of days ago: Chicken Teriyaki with rice and Asian salad.

Asian salad recipe:

  • white cabbage
  • cucumber
  • red pepper
  • red onion
  • sesame seeds

Slice all the veg very thinly. In the salad bowl, mix 3 tablespoon of light soya sauce, 2 tbsp of Japanese vinegar, 1 tbsp of sesame oil and a teaspoon of sugar.  Then add the veg, sprinkle some toasted sesame seeds (black and white). And Ta Dah! Ready.

And here is what we had yesterday nigh:

Japanese

Fish marinated in Teriyaki sauce (Teriyaki is my new found best friend in my kitchen) with simmered lotus roots and snow peas.  The recipe for the lotus roots can be found in this book:

IMG_9249

I also bought another book:

IMG_9250

Didn’t I say that I was obsessed by Japanese cooking!

1 comment:

  1. Je crois que je me laisserai bien tenter par un livre comme çà moi aussi. Faut que je cherche...

    ReplyDelete