Saturday, 26 May 2012

Good (bad) boy Sweater

When it comes to baby knits, I tend to stick to my favourite patterns: Sublime.  I’ve done so many things from the Sublime booklets.  They always feature the cutest babies.  I think buy them more for the babies than for the projects.  After a while the projects are very similar from one book to the other.

In terns of yarn, I always use Sublime DK, either the Cashmere Merino Silk ore the Baby Cashmere Merino Silk.  The reasons for this are simple: I know my gauge is spot on, the yarn is lovely to knit with and finally I know how it’s going to react: stretch very slightly with each wash but keep nice and soft.

So for the baby boy who just turned 1, my choice what pretty easy: Matelot Sweater with Sublime Baby Cashmere in light cream, blue and red.

Good bad boy T

This was a very fast knit, very simple.  The shoulder and collar shapes will make it very easy to put on.

And here is the back.

Good bad boy T1

I have a bit of yarn left over, I might knit a hat too.

No comments:

Post a Comment