Saturday, 13 October 2012

Spreek je Nederlands?!

I fell in love with this knit from Phildar.

223667_F1

But sadly, I could not find the booklet for the pattern on the French website, so I ordered it from a shop in the Netherlands and guess what the pattern is in… Dutch!

Do I speak Dutch? No, but still I think that with of persistence and the help of Google translate, I might be able to tackle it. Optimistic! I did not realise I was an optimistic.  So far, I think I understand how to start with the ribbing and how to set up the pattern, but it might be a long process.

IMG_0901IMG_0903

Otherwise, I’ve been knitting a very easy, no brainer project since we are back in the UK.  To be honest, I’ve ‘stole’ the inspiration from my friend Marina.  I’m knitting a blanket in Fern from Moda Vera.  This yarn seems to never end.  Once knitted in garter, it is quite soft.

I’ve started with a garter square: 12 stitches on 24 rows then picked up 12 stitches on each of the 3 remaining sides, then knitted one row with 2 stitches increase at each corner and purled the next row. I’ve used almost 3 balls of yarn and from what I gage the blanket might measure 140 cm across before blocking (and Yes, it’s our bed, very cosy!).

Garter blanket

An on a very different note, my little Juliette has now been in her new school for 2 weeks now.

scrapbooking paper10

This was on her first day! Quite cold, but looking very smart.  This girl amazes me always.  She’s so fast at making friends and settling into new routines.

2 comments:

  1. hi,
    I love your blanket... I have the same yarn with me and was wondering what to do with it. Can you please tell me the needle size you used.
    thank you very much

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Caroline, accidentally I came along your blog and I read that you ordered a lovely Dutch patern. Maybe I can help you out because I'm a real Dutch girl.
    Greetings Roos

    ReplyDelete