Friday, 28 June 2013

Cotton and cream

Alice wanted a cream cotton jumper , something like the one she’s seen on Stradivarius website.
4969432004_1_1_4
But…
Stradivarius is not distributed in the UK…
and anyway, I’ve seen the jumper and was not impressed by the quality of the product…
and anyway, I had some cream cotton in my stash…
and anyway, it always gives me great pleasure to knit for my kids.
I used my stash: Fiorista (88% cotton, 12% polyester) from Gedifra.  The jumper is knitted in round, top-down, I’ve added some short rows to make the back slightly longer.  I did not take any notes and tried to figure out the shape as I was progressing.
Cream cotton for Alice
The pattern is a simple yo/k2t.
Cream cotton for Alice1
So this is a loose adaptation of the Stradivarius top, but Alice seems quite pleased with the result which is very important.

2 comments:

  1. I love that Caroline. The sweater is beautiful, as is your daughter. You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete