Friday, 19 July 2013

My Summer playlist

I’ve been watching Scandal Season 1.  I really enjoyed it and, like almost everyone out there, I’ve been scrutinising Olivia Pope’s wardrobe. I don’t like everything, I found her a bit too classic, she wears her trousers a bit too loose.  Still, I’ve noticed a few things I’d love to sew or knit for myself, in particular this jumper. I really like the collar, the split on the sides.  I’m sure it will be pretty easy to replicate.

IMG_0053

I have seen a couple of episodes from Season 2, and I can’t wait to go to the States to catch up with the rest.

Now something quite unusual for me, I’m hooked on a French programme. Yes, you’ve heard properly.  The returned or Les Revenants in French, has been broadcasted on Channel 4 in England.  It is about a group of people who are coming back from the dead, nothing too frightening (so far).  The returned are not aggressive (apart from one character, but he was like that when alive).  I’m more intrigued than scared, nothing like The Walking Dead (I could not watch more than a couple of minutes).

2ea18442-5d81-4da8-924e-bbe77b871068_625x352

And off course, Luther…  What can I say?  This is a rough programme, quite dark and violent.  But I really like the fact that Luther is not 100% good or bad, I love the complexity of the character… and even with grunge-ish clothes, he looks so…  What do you think: Idris Elba as the next James Bond?

Luther-ad

I’m reading too: N-W, Zadie Smith.  I ‘met’ Zadie Smith some years ago with White Teeth.  I don’t know how she does it, but reading her words it is quite like watching people in the street, she seems to notice all the small details, it feels like she speaks about her neighbourhood, people she knows well.  I don’t know how to describe this, it just feels so real.

photo

And off course, my IPod is playing The Music of Nashville again and again (I think the kids are ready to buy me some Country boots).

Ho Hey…
I belong to you
You belong to me
You’re my sweet heart

Enjoying summer : –)

No comments:

Post a Comment