Tuesday, 1 October 2013

Dans ma cuisine

In my kitchen!

A couple of days ago, as I was chatting with my Mum on Skype, she asked me what we were eating since we arrived in the States. I heard a hint of worry in her voice; I could almost see what was in her mind: States = Fast food + processed food + soda + lots of temptations.  Although I understand her question, I might mentioned that I’m still the one cooking ;-)

So here a few things that have been cooking recently in my kitchen:

From this book, The Meat Free Monday (and if you are interested and don’t want to buy the book just yet, there’s a website: MeatFreeMonday)

COOKING1

Pepper Pockets (for Juliette and her dad’s lunch boxes) and Lentil Stew with Pan-fried Halloumi

From my own inspiration:

COOKING2

Autumn (Fall) Soup with chunky veg's and sausages – Summer Salad (previously seen here)

The next one might have my Mum worried:

COOKING3

Pumpkin Muffins with Maple Syrup Glazing (excuse #1: there’s pumpkin puree everywhere, I had to try), Grand-Mother style banana and raspberry cake (excuse #2: I had over ripped bananas) and Chocolate Brownies stuffed Reeves (excuse #3: it was for Juliette’s Maths homework, and to be fair we shared it with her class and my Pilates instructor).

Tonight it is only leftover of mashed potatoes and stuffed tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment