Monday, 9 December 2013

Thanksgiving – another first

This was supposed to be posted some time ago, but I had a technical glitch!

After our first football game, first Halloween (which I have not blogged about; which is a shame because I have some pretty pictures), first Veteran day celebration (another miss for the blog, but some pictures are on Flick), we had our first Thanksgiving in the States.

Thanks to our friends who invited us (or we invited ourselves!). We had a great day; a really great day.  No snow, but a somewhat cool day. We prepared the meal all together by sharing their kitchen, our recipes, as if we had done this hundreds of times.

Do you have friends that you see infrequently, but you feel that you're taking the conversation from where you last left it?  It was like that, meeting their kids for the first time, and enjoying their company like they were some very close family.

And of course, the food!  The traditional and unavoidable turkey with the stuffing and the sides. A bit of French tradition with the cheese.  And a pumpkin pie (the second I baked with salted pecan brittle and whipped cream).

Thanksgiving in Miami

So, yes, I'm thankful for great friends, for an easy going day.  I think I'm going to like this American holiday and it may reconcile me with Xmas time and the end of the year fuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment