Thursday, 20 February 2014

Mon Jules

This is not good; I cannot stop myself for starting new projects.  A visit to a shop, to Pinterest, a chat with a friend… and I am hooked to something new (beads - my most recent find).  I have so many WIPs and UFOs that I don’t know where to start or more precisely where to finish.  By the way when does a WIP become an UFO?

It is not realistic to think I will have only one project going at a time, but I need some finishes.  So I’m trying something different: 2 weeks of working on unfinished projects, then 1 week of doing what I want new or old.

My first finish is Jules.  The pattern is from Brooklyn Tweed.  The yarn is Scrumptious Aran from Fiberspates.

Jules

The yarn is a pleasure to knit with and once blocked it has a very nice drape. The construction of the garment is interesting, working short row to shape the front and the back, then adding the ribbing.  As usual, I learnt a new technique: tubular cast of of 1x1 ribbing.  This makes a very nice, smooth edging.  And even better, I like the way Jules fit ;-)

So this is a first success for my new routine, “Finishing one project at a time”.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your finish. This is a really lovely jumper. Good luck with your UFO busting plan and thank you for linking up with Wool on Sundays :)

    ReplyDelete