I almost kept my resolution to not start any new project for 2 weeks! A big clap to me… OK, not exactly, I did start a few things, but I will come back to this later.
I finished Mon Jules and a pair of socks (how do you take good pictures of socks?). So I rewarded myself with a new project. The Trendy chale: a very simple shawl… garter stitches all the way… The tuto can be found there, it is in French but it couldn’t be easier:
- Cast on 3 stitches
- Knit every row increasing as follow:
- Row 1, increase 1 stitch before the last stitch = 4 stitches on the needle
- Row 2, repeat 1 = 5 stitches
- Row 3 and after, increase 1 stitch before the last 2 stitches. I’ve read this recommendation in another French blog (Une souris dans mon dressing – you should take some time to visit Anaik’s blog, I really like her dress sense)
- Knit and knit until the shawl is to the desired size, cast off.
I knitted with Lace Sequin from Paton, it has a light blue-purple-ish hue with some sequins to add a bit of sparkle. I worked with needles size 5.5 mm, the shawl ends up very squishy and light. And for a bit more of interest, I added a picot around the edge.
Et voilà, Oh so simple, Oh so fast… and so satisfying!