Monday, 10 March 2014

Oh so simple…

I almost kept my resolution to not start any new project for 2 weeks!  A big clap to me…  OK, not exactly, I did start a few things, but I will come back to this later.

I finished Mon Jules and a pair of socks (how do you take good pictures of socks?).  So I rewarded myself with a new project.  The Trendy chale: a very simple shawl… garter stitches all the way…  The tuto can be found there, it is in French but it couldn’t be easier:

  • Cast on 3 stitches
  • Knit every row increasing as follow:
  • Row 1, increase 1 stitch before the last stitch = 4 stitches on the needle
  • Row 2, repeat 1 = 5 stitches
  • Row 3 and after, increase 1 stitch before the last 2 stitches.  I’ve read this recommendation in another French blog (Une souris dans mon dressing – you should take some time to visit Anaik’s blog, I really like her dress sense)
  • Knit and knit until the shawl is to the desired size, cast off.

Trendy chale

I knitted with Lace Sequin from Paton, it has a light blue-purple-ish hue with some sequins to add a bit of sparkle.  I worked with needles size 5.5 mm, the shawl ends up very squishy and light.  And for a bit more of interest, I added a picot around the edge.

Collages4

Et voilĂ , Oh so simple, Oh so fast… and so satisfying!

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I love the colour and your picot edge finishes it off perfectly. Thank you for linking up with Wool on Sundays :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pretty shawl. It looks wonderfully soft and the colour is lovely. The picot edging is perfect; it makeths your shawl!! Good luck on that new year resolution of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colour and the picot edging on your shawl! :)

    ReplyDelete