Tuesday, 13 May 2014

Playlist from my teen years

 

… soon it’s going to be my birthday, not a big one, but close enough to a big one…

… for almost 10 years, I have been wrestling on and off with mood swings, depression… sometimes I feel so sad…

… 2 out of my 3 kids have flew the nest, live abroad, hours away…

… or maybe it’s me living far away from my family, my roots…

… I can’t explain why time goes so fast…

All in all, I haven’t feeling very up recently.  And the other day, I was on a long 4-hour drive with Juliette.  Actually, she was at the back of the car listening to her music in her own bubble.  I had lost interest in listening to the news, so I plugged in my Play List from my teen years.

Blog essentialsfor

Bernard Lavillier (anything and everything), Serge Gainsbourg (seen him in concert twice), Vanessa Paradis (she felt like a younger prettier sister when she was signing Joe Le Taxi), Niagara (I could probably add Les Rita Mitsouko) and of course Daniel Balavoine (so many titles to choose from: Quand on arrive en ville, L’Aziza, Mon fils ma bataille, Le Chanteur…)

For my non-French friends, it probably does not mean anything… Until my mid-twenties, I was a ‘country’ girl, did not speak English, did not listen to anything other than French music (not 100% exact, I once bought an album from America; A Horse with No Name – go and check the lyrics and you will understand that I had no clue).

Anyway, back to my story and my road trip, as the music was pumping, my mood went up… I remembered the girl I was, remembered that I took risks in order to get what I wanted, I think I was sort of cool, not popular, a bit revolutionary…  I realised that I might have changed, but this girl is still there… and rather than being sad, I should embrace the journey that took me where I am now… not being just a mum, but being me.

Search results for Blog essentials

Now, are you asking: when can we see some crafty stuff here again?!… Soon, very soon,,,

No comments:

Post a Comment