Thursday, 26 June 2014

Bangles and B’day cake

My B’day was last week.  I’m not to good at celebrating my b’day.  But this year Philippe and the girls were around, quite an unusual treat!

Anyway, my friend rang me and said we must celebrate… and she invited me to a bead workshop… I loved the idea.

So we went to the Bead Bar.  We went with our girls, friend and mother.  We had the classroom and Sonia just for ourselves.

I really like what we produced, easy wiring technic with such an impact.

wire and stoneJuliette did this set

wire and stone1

wire and stone2

And celebrating without a cake wouldn’t feel right so I brought a cake.  Somebody once told me that it’s not right to bake one’s own B’day cake, but I have so little opportunity to bake…

The recipe comes from the White on Rice Couple blog, Rustic Red Velvet cake layered with Berries.  I’m not supposed to eat cakes, I’m allergic to eggs and I need to start to take it seriously.

Red Velvet

I did only two layers and next time, I think I will use mascarpone instead of cream cheese, I’m not a great fan of cream cheese in deserts.

2 comments:

  1. The bangles are just beautiful, The cake looks really yummy, and I am sorry I missed your special day! Happy belated B'day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday Caroline!!! Love the jewelry made by you and the girls. It's been forever since I've been to The Bead Bar....used to be a frequent customer ;-)))

    ReplyDelete