Wednesday, 27 August 2014

Road trip, food and silly kids

Warning – Heavily picture loaded post

Our BEST ever holidays are and have always been our road trips.

We started this years ago, when the kids were little, in Canada: 3 kids, aged 2, 4 and 6, 2 suitcases (Yeah! my super power is packing luggage), and 3 weeks on the road.  We had such a good time that we applied for resident visa in Canada at the end of the holiday (and we ended up in the UK, but that’s another story).

Our road trips took us to Italy, in the States (twice West coast then East coast), Japan (this was actually a train trip), Australia...

There’s something special about cramping everybody into a car, having to endure each other all day long, having discussions and/or arguments, playing road games such as “I give you the capital, name the country’ or ‘Find who/what I’m thinking about’ (I hate those games, I’m so bad at it or it’s the other way round)…

We drove from Orlando, to Tallahassee, Pensacola, Seaside, New Orleans.  Then we flew to Charleston and drove again to Savannah, Saint Augustine and back home.

Road

Instagram1

IMG_5228

Road1

Road2

Road3

Road5

IMG_5514

Want more pictures? Really? OK then, go to my Flickr photostream.

A few remarks:

  • about food: lots and lots of seafood.  One very special restaurant in Charleston : The Grocery.
  • about silly kids: I think this is self-explanatory.  It is IMPOSSIBLE to get a nice picture of the three of them together… and apparently it is my fault.
  • about taking pictures: I don’t’ seem to be improving… Arrgh! practice, practice and more practice…

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for all the photos! I love seeing where you go. (And definitely the pics of good seafood!) Going to see the Charleston link now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking that you take wonderful photographs--and then I read your comment about your faults as a photographer! You are too hard on yourself.....lovely photos.....and lovely knitting in previous posts.

    ReplyDelete