Sunday, 7 September 2014

Bleu

Until recently, I did not realise I was a ‘blue’ person… but looking at my wardrobe, my knitting, even my kitchen ware, I am definitively a blue person.

So no surprise with my last knitting projects:

Sampler shawlSampler shawl1

Pattern: Moss & Leaves Stole by Kerri Shank.  Haven seen other projects, I think I should have blocked it a bit more aggressively.

Yarn: Heritage Silk Paint from Cascade Yarn , bought from  Sip and Knit. I actually used 2 and a half skeins.

Sampler shawl with beads knitted on.  I don’t know why it took me forever to finish this project.  I blocked the day before going to England in July.  It’s a gift for Alice’s guardian.  Now I’ve got some red yarn and I’m planning on knitting another one for myself.

 

Storm card

Pattern:  Dark and Stormy  from Thea Colman

Yarn: Madelintosh DK (recycled from Effortless)

I recycled this yarn from a previous project, Efforless.  I loved knitting Effortless, however the shape and the yarn did not work well together.  The cardi became longer and longer and looked more like a shapeless mope.  Furthermore, our cat had bit into the sleeves creating unwelcome holes.  So I frogged it and worked on a cable cardi.  This has been so much fun.  The cable panel is very easy to learn but not boring at all.  It’s a top-down, I love projects that don’t require assembling.  I wonder whether I should knit one for myself.

 

I have more blues to show, but it will have to wait for another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment