Friday, 10 October 2014

Pretty buns

I mentioned this before, but I do bake to relieve tension…Especially when I don’t know why I’m stressed out… or tired… or unable to sleep a full night without flipping in my bed… Philippe has been away for almost two weeks and it does not help the ‘not-sleeping-properly-thingy’… I’m not good at going-to-bed-at-a-reasonable-time on my own, I’m not good at waking-up-early at all…

Well, whatever, Philippe will be back by the end of the week, I will sleep better and in the meantime we will have enjoyed some Chocolate Brioches.

I found the recipe on Pinterest, here.  Then follow the link, which took me here.  Another click and I was on these Macha Brioches which might be my next bake.  Still clicking and I ended up here, which is the recipe I used for my brioche, substituting the Macha powder by cocoa powder.  It was tempting to carry on with the clicking and the exploration of the World Wide Web but I would have had nothing to show for my afternoon.

So here are the pretties.

Chocolate brioches

You have probably noticed that my feuilleté is not too impressive… actually, I skipped the feuilletage step… I know I’m not quite ready for the Great British Bake Off (which I won’t mention again for the next 11 months as the final was on Tuesday).

Chocolate brioches1

And this is a message for my husband from our (my) cat…

Desktop3

No comments:

Post a Comment