Monday, 4 May 2015

language, lingo and use of words that goes on my nerves

I think I am turning into a ‘grumpy old woman’, but just let me point out a few words’ usages that make me cringe.

reframe the narrative
blah blah and more blah

in this day and age
what’s wrong with the good old ‘nowadays’

Wow just wow
use words, proper words, you’re not a 2-year old

across the board
what does that mean anyway?

I don’t want to offend you, but…
but, I’m going to do it anyway

I need counter space
for what?  how many people really cook from scrap?

Lets touch base
I didn’t realised until recently that was a reference to baseball…

I want to be a role model for my kids
no,I don’t want to be a role model, I just want to be me so my kids can be themselves too

I told you, G R U M P Y, I am a grumpy old woman…

1 comment:

  1. grumpy old woman. I love that expression. No you're not grumpy nor old.

    ReplyDelete