Saturday, 13 June 2015

The Beetle Super Tote

It is Friday and I have finished something! Yeah, happy dance for me.

I got the Beetle fabric long long ago in Australia.  I love the colours, happy and fun.  But honestly I did not know what I would do with it. I thought it could be only used as whole or be fussy cut.  Anyway, I had forgotten about this fabric all together.  Then a chain of associations ideas happened.

First I saw a super cute bag on my friend’s Instragram feed (here it is). I really, really wanted to get it, got distracted and didn’t buy it. Then I remembered I got the Super Tote pattern from Noodlehead a few weeks ago.  I purchased the pattern just to have it in my files (I do that far to often:).  A few more days passed without thinking about it… And finally two days ago, it all came together: Beetle fabric + Noodlehead Super tote = Beetle Super Tote.

Super Tote
The outside panels are lined with 808 Pellon Craft Fuse.  It is the first time I used this fuse in, it gives the fabric a bit of stiffness, making it almost the weight of home decor fabric.  There’s a outside pocket closed by magnetic clasp and has some hot pink piping.  As recommended in the instructions, I pinched the straps, hoping it will make is more stable on the shoulder.

Super Tote1
On the inside, I’ve used mainly some old Anna Maria Horner fabric (Good Folks for FreeSpirit).  There are two big pockets on each sides.  I choose to make the recessed zipper option which gives the bag a nice finish.

Overall, I really enjoyed making this bag.  The instructions are clear and easy to follow.  I do believe I’m going make this bag again.  I will probably opt for different pockets arrangements inside, like a big pocket for a laptop, a zipped pocket, and for sure lined the inside pockets… I just Google Noodlehead Super Tote, there are so many great examples.  I will definitively make this again.  I really how big this tote is, it would work well as a school/work bag, a sleep-over bag, for the gym too…

And while I was at it, I also made a little make up pouch, tutorial found at Doodlehead.

Super Tote2
Now who’s the lucky person about to receive this? Sorry, don’t count on me to tell you :) …

Linking up with Crazy Mum Quilts!

3 comments:

  1. Really cute idea to use the VW fabric. I drove a green one for ten years when first out of High school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AM the lucky one, youhou !!!!!!!!!! I DO love it..... SO beautiful

    ReplyDelete