Tuesday, 28 June 2016

W2 1DY

If I was into writing Memes, I would title the picture below “my face when I received my Riley Blake fabric for the Modern Quilt Guild fabric challenge!”  or “Are you expecting me to work with this?”.  My inspiration was zero, nil, blank…

Riley Blake challenge

The fabric was put away for a while (I have many pictures of my cat sleeping on it).  Time passed.  After I came back from London to help Alice, I was looking through my pictures from my previous visit, finding a collage from Edgware Road Tube Station in London got me starting.

I don’t know whether this could be called a ‘creative process’, I did not do any master calculations, however all the blocks, negative spaces are a multiple of 3.  As you can see, I work directly on my design board with a vague idea of where the quilt was going.  So I guess that’s improvisation!  I’ll have to consider that and reflect on it as I think of myself as a person who does not like improv.

Riley Blake challenge5

Collages

Above are the original pictures, down my interpretation.  Do you see it? The tiles, the stairs?

Riley Blake challenge2

Riley Blake challenge4

I’m pretty happy with the final result (and I guess my cat is too).

Riley Blake challenge1

Riley Blake challenge3

The quilt is named W2 1DY (which is the postcode of Edgware Station).

0You can see more quilts from the Modern Quilt Guild Fabric Challenge on Instagram under #MQGfabricchallenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment