Tuesday, 27 December 2016

One last crafty review

It’s the end of the year, time for a quick retrospective.  Most of what I’ve made can be seen here. And you know what? I'm pretty happy with 2016 production.  There's a good balance of knits, quilts and garments. 

The pictures is not quite complete as there are quite a few garments that I haven't blogged about yet: I really want to come back to them especially this dress, this skirt and this top - I'm hoping to take full advantage of Alice's photographic skills to take pictures so I can feature them here.

Caroline

One of my biggest accomplishment has been for charity: 4 full quilts cut, pieced and quilted, plus a few more where I contributed to the quilting or the biding. Normally, I am a very slow quilter; I might take years to finish even a very small piece, so it has been quite encouraging to realise that I can work faster.

#QuiltsforPulse1

Knitting wise, nothing very spectacular to report but fun and fast projects. I'd love to up my game but the opportunities to wear knitwear are quite limited in Florida.

Mother daughter cowl

Now, shall I risk writing a list of what I would like to accomplish in 2017 (and no, its is not biding!)

- knitting: I know I'll be knitting little baby things and I already know there will be my most loved projects.  I also have the Waiting for Rain shawl to work on, it has been frogged a couple of times, put on the back burner for the moment, but it is second on my queue. I might make a cardigan for myself, I do have a few skeins of a beautiful charcoal yarn. 

- quilting: I still have some long suffering projects that need finishing, we will see how this goes. And I would like to push myself to new horizons, I'm tempted of making 2017 the year I'll embrace improv. 

- dressmaking: I am itching to try new kind of projects: jean-making, sportswear, lingerie, menswear ...  And because I could not resist, I have enrolled to the #sewmystyle project organised by Bluebird Fabrics: 12 months, 12 projects.

PS. this is my last finish for 2016 , the Flax sweater from TincanKnits.

15535039_152611748557445_199340534697820160_n

2 comments:

  1. Love that silver top! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janet, I like it too even though I only wore it a couple of times. I can't wait to see your Bonnie Hunter quilt finished.

      Delete