Thursday, 5 January 2017

Reading list

Hello Friends,

I was about to start like this : ‘2016 has not been great in term of reading… blah blah blah…’  But you know what, 2016 is gone and there’s no point in dwelling on what it has or has not been.

So off we go, here is my line up of books for now.  I’m sure more will be added over the year.

Reading list

Zadie Smith, On Beauty – because I loved White Teeth and NW (and if you don’t feel like reading these last two, you should still watch the mini series White Teeth, or the TV drama NW)
Global Mom – this one was gifted by my neighbour, she has spent most of her life away from home too, I can relate to that;
Denis Johnson, Train Dreams and Takashi Hiraide, The guest cat – I picked those two when I was in London in November, I can’t remember why, hopefully they’ll be nice surprises.

Reading list1

Those are my Christmas presents:
China through the looking glass – I wish I could have seen the exhibition at the Met, the book is so so beautiful, illustrations, paper, biding… and you should really watch the documentary on the exhibition: The first Monday in May.
V&A Gallery of Fashion: fashion though history, what is there not to love?
In the company of women – the sub-title says it all “Inspiration and advice from over 100 Makers, Artists and Entrepreneurs”
Un couteau, une cocotte, un plat (a knife, a pot, a dish) – yes another cookbook, but with a super simple concept: one pot + all the ingredients = one meal.  The recipes are just a couple of steps, the pictures are clean and appetizing.

Reading list2

The quilt block cookbook by Amy Gibson (aka Stitcherydickory) because I want to follow (very loosely) the Quilt along (#cookbookquiltalong), and also because I love a sampler quilt.
The Improv Handbook for Modern Quilters by Sherri Lynn Wood because I want to push away from my comfort zone and tip my toes into improv.

So that’s it for the moment.  I record my fictional reading on my Goodreads, should you be interested to see more.  What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment