Thursday, 13 July 2017

The little blue skirt - an upcoming class

Which garment makes you feel good? For me, since I moved to Florida, it is a linen skirt, something light, breathy and pretty too.

I have found a pattern which works perfectly: Simplicity 2314. The pattern is fast to assemble, with not real difficulties: it consist of four panels plus the waist band.
There's a standard zipper with a clean setting. I actually do like this setting better than an invisible one as the zipper is fully covered.
Because, I've chosen a light linen for this skirt, I decided to lined it. The hem of the skirt is finished with a bias and decorative stitches for the lining, again clean and pretty finishes. I also finished the waistband with a bias tape to minisize the bulk.
It isn't it pretty? I love how versatil this pattern is. Depending on the fabric and the length it could go from breathy summer skirt, to smart formal work skirt, even classic evening skirt. Here are some fabric ideas (all from the Sewing Studio).


I'll take you through the construction on this lovely skirt on August 9th and 16th (from 5:30pm to 8:00pm) at the Sewing Studio. You can register here for the class.


No comments:

Post a Comment