Wednesday, 11 October 2017

Altura - the many miles quilt

I’ve shown this quilt before. It’s started with a few precut charm packs of batik fabric. I am not overly in love with batiks, I found them to difficult to read, somewhat muddy. Still those had caught my eyes with their happy colors.

I only work of those blocks when I am travelling, and preferably in flights. And since they are needle turn appliquéed, I am not expecting to finish this anytime soon. So far I have 64 squares done.

Slow progress is still progress. And I like the idea of associating this quilt with some holiday memories (some of the blocks have been literally around the world).

4 comments:

  1. This quilt will be spectacular! And all the memories it carries...swoon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah! I like the memories that I collect along the way.

      Delete
  2. Your blocks are so beautiful!! I can't believe how many you have made already! They look great together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you René. I am a frequent flyer ! Just another 80 or so to go

      Delete