Sunday, 5 November 2017

Sunday Finds [SF5]

FSU home game - parents weekend

All things royals
If you know me, you know that I have spent a large part of my adult life in England or in an ex-British colony, and that I have always been feeling a strong connection with Brits. No surprise, when I tell you that I’ve been glued to anything Royals recently. So my first royal related crush is Victoria and Abdul, not a master piece, but I love Judie Dench. The movie depicts an elderly, lonely Queen Victoria and it is kind of sweet. Also, still on Queen Victoria, I’ve been watching Victoria. This time we are at the beginning of Queen Victoria’s reign. I don’t know how much has been romanticized but again, it’s very sweet and enjoyable. And of course, I can’t wait for the second season of The Crown.

Sashiko
The Orlando Quilt Guild had Jen Lee, from Red Thread Studio, come to speak to us at our monthly meeting. Jen is a really enjoyable speaker, soft spoken and passionate. Her talk was on Sashiko, big stitch quilting and Boro (“tattered rag” in Japanese), and how well it fits into the Slow Fashion movement, slow sewing… Is it a coincidence or what, Wise Craft Handmade is having a sashiko along in November. Very very tempted to stitch along.

Workflow
I can’t remember how I found this app Workflow, but it sounds like it could be a cool tool. On your I (phone or pad), it helps to automate some tasks, like storing your pictures or sending texts to established group of people. I am still figuring it out, but I can see some potential. Actually, if you are using it, I would really appreciate your input.

Well, that’s it for today. Have a lovely week!

PS. I would love it if you have something to share too. Anything that has caught your attention (love or hate, craft or non-craft related).

And just one more thing for today, because I can’t help myself and would really appreciate if you can give it a try: here is the latest video from the McCartney’s, “One day a week”.
















No comments:

Post a Comment