Fast fast before it's Christmas - let's report our Thanksgiving week. Juliette and I spent it in England, Philippe joined us on Thursday, Thanksgiving day and we had our first family get together in 3 months. All 5 of us in the same country, in the same time zone - a performance on its own.
This is what it our Thanksgiving dinner looked like:
A somewhat French family, celebrating an American holiday, in a Thai restaurant, in the British countryside
A few comments:
- Yes, my kids and their dad have the same smile.
- No, my son and my husband are not brothers even if they look alike (more troubling, they both look like my father in his youth).
- I need a new shirt (this one is soon to be vintage), I need new glasses and a new haircut and no, I'm not a high maintenance gal...
- There's something strange happening behind Philippe’s head and mine.
- Have you seen Victor's arms - he is so 'buffed' up.
- And what to say about my girls? They are so pretty, and it makes me melt to see how they are kind to each other (ok not 100% of the time, but most of the time).
- And finally, no turkey has been armed during this very special event (only chicken).
Edit: as my smart husband said - no turkey has been HARMED... and we are glad that they were nor armed either...